Main purpose of the job
Working daily with 2D/3D Modelling Software delivering technical layouts to be used in sales proposals. Working within a busy, dynamic and demanding sales department, you will work in the Technical Sales office and be responsible for preparing pre-sales layouts in 2D and 3D and all revisions and follow-ups through the sales cycle. These layouts will be used by the Sales Managers to present solutions to potential clients.
Key duties and responsibilities
Pre-Sales Proposals and Technical Layouts
- Prepare customer specific plant layouts and general arrangement drawings.
- 2D/3D CAD layouts based on specific customer requirements.
- Use 3D rendering software to produce aesthetically pleasing 3D layouts for potential customer sales presentations (Photoview 360 / Solidworks Visualize / KeyShot).
- Carry out detailed analysis of machine ground pressure loadings and various other calculations.
- Work closely with the engineering team on R&D projects.
Pre-Sales Technical Documentation
- Prepare pre-sales technical documentation based on specific application characteristics.
- Photograph new and existing machine features for engineering and marketing purposes.
- Aid marketing with incorporating 3D images/layouts into industry publications.
- Willingness to travel globally to attend customer meetings, conferences and international trade shows.
- Liaise closely with all relevant stakeholders in the sales cycle including sales team, customers, engineering department, purchasing/suppliers, aftermarkets, factory personnel etc.
To help you develop your own skills and be able to support the sales team better you may be asked from time to time to support the engineering team in terms of:
- Concept designs - modifying existing designs or R+D projects.
- Detailing/ drafting of finished designs for production.
- General engineering design.
The above job description is not exhaustive and is not intended to give a definitive list of all duties and responsibilities. It is a guideline within which the individual job holder works. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible. There will be additional duties and responsibilities in accordance with the job role.
Essential criteria, experience and skills
- Educated to degree level in Mechanical Engineering / Product Design or similar related discipline.
- Proficient in the use of 3D CAD modelling software preferably Solidworks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to interact effectively and professionally with individuals both internally and externally
- Strong self-motivation with exceptional organisational skills
- The ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously within inflexible time frames.
- The ability to adapt to frequent priority changes
- Adept analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness to Travel Globally and a current valid passport
- Driving License
Desirable criteria, experience and skills
- Previous experience within heavy engineer/bulk material handling/crushing and screening
- Working knowledge of Autocad
- Competent user of all Microsoft Office programs - excel, word and PowerPoint and the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Practical experience working in an engineering environment
- Relevant experience in a design-related project