Main purpose of the job.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will play a vital role in ensuring that the Company continues to design and develop Mobile Bulk Materials Handling Systems that meet our customers’ needs and requirements. We want a customer focused individual with the energy, drive and commitment to make it happen. The role requires someone keen to learn.
Key duties and responsibilities.
- Designing, developing and implementing cost-effective product to help improve safety, reliability and production throughput of the Telestack range of equipment
- Developing, testing and evaluating theoretical designs
- Working as part of the engineering team to ensure high standards of workmanship are achieved and maintained
- Working closely with other departments, Sales, Production, Purchasing, Quality and Manufacturing to ensure that customer needs are met on time and within Company Safety, Quality and Budget standards
- Following the Company Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Process
- Following company standards and procedures
- Liaising with various external suppliers for the production/supply of external work/parts, and quality assessment of same
- Abiding by all Health and Safety Policies and Regulations
- Design of machinery in accordance with the relevant standards such as CE, ISO, H&S
The above job description is not exhaustive and is not intended to give a definite list of all duties and responsibilities. It is a guideline within which the individual job holder works. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible. There will be additional duties and responsibilities in accordance with the job role.
Criteria, experience and Skills.
- Currently studying an Engineering related degree
- Excellent computer skills are required, especially Excel and data based tools, and knowledge of CAD software (Solidworks and AutoCAD) will be a distinct advantage.
- Be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in written form
- Strong Organisational skills
- Be able to multitask
- Good interpersonal and team working skills
- Good judgement and decision making skills