Hours of work: Mon -Thurs | 4pm- 2.30am
Main purpose of the job.
Fit together purchased and painted parts to build pre-assemblies and full machines
Key duties and responsibilities
- Using air tools/gantries to build up sub-assembles/full machines
- Hydraulic piping of machines
- Breaking down of full machines suitable to containerise
- Ensure quality standard is achieved
- Ensure H&S is adhered to at all times
- Meeting set targets whilst adhering to Takt times/production schedules
- Work as part of a team to drive continuous improvement
The above job description is not exhaustive and is not intended to give a definite list of all duties and responsibilities. It is a guideline within which the individual job holder works. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible. There will be additional duties and responsibilities in accordance with the job role.
Essential criteria, experience and skills
- Must have the ability to read, understand and work from assembly drawings.
- Mechanical Experience or Previous experience working in a skilled trade role.
- Ability to demonstrate hands on skills
- Ability to work within a team or on your own
- Ability to work in an ever developing/changing environment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Desirable criteria, experience and skills
- Experience of operating a forklift
- Experience of operating a gantry crane
- Willingness to learn and step out of your comfort zone